| Home » SBI Bank » Account Opening Form|
SBI Account Opening Form
|SBI Account Opening Form is necessary while making an application to open a bank account with State Bank of India. SBI is the largest banking group in India and it offers a wide array of financial services and products to meet the banking requirements of the Indian citizens. Under its personal banking service, the bank allows the customers to open a variety of accounts with the bank. If you are an Indian Citizen looking to open an account at SBI Bank then just follow the four simple steps.
- Get an SBI Bank account opening form from one of the nearest branch or download the form from the bank's website.
- Complete the account opening form for individuals and go to the nearest SBI branch carrying 2 passport size photographs and your voter's ID or passport to proof your residence.
- Get the account introduction letter of a respectable person who is a customer of the bank and who knows you.
- Provide your initial deposit and the account is open for use.
Online SBI account opening form can be availed from Onlinesbi.com, which is the official online banking website of the bank. It is very important for the applicants to fully understand the SBI account opening rules and procedures in order to make the best approach. The bank requires the applicants to submit some documents with their application form. The following are some essential account opening documents for an Indian customer.
On the other hand, if you are a non-resident India looking to open a bank account with SBI, then follow the simple steps mentioned below;
- Proof of Identity (Driving License, Voter's Card, Passport, PAN Card etc)
- Proof of Residence (Landline Phone Bill, Electricity Bill etc)
- Introduction Letter from an existing account holder
- 2 passport size photographs.
In case if you don't have online account access then you have three options to choose from. You can either wait till you branch offer online availability or open an account in a branch that offers INB service. You can also request to transfer your current bank account from your non-INB branch to another branch offering INB services. Today, SBI allow children of any age to open joint accounts with their guardians. Moreover, children above the age of 10 years can open their own SBI account which is subject to various financial limits. For further SBI account opening details, you can login to the website of the bank.
- Get the State Bank of India Account Opening Form and fill it up.
- Your application should be attested by an official of SBI Bank and get the application form notarized locally.
- Submit the account opening form along with the initial remittance and a photocopy of your passport to an SBI branch of your choice.